On September 7th the ONC published the first wave of draft Test Procedures and applicable test data files for the 2014 Edition Elelctronic Health Record (EHR) certification criteria for public review and comment. ONC will release additional Test Procedures in waves on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Each set of draft test procedures will undergo a two week period of public review and comment from the date posted. You can now provide input on Wave One 2014 draft Test Procedures. Visit the site for detailed information on the 2014 Test Procedure development process at http://www.healthit.gov/policy-researchers-implementers/2014-edition-draft-test-procedures.
For Help With Monitoring Developments, Compliance, Investigations Or Other Needs
If you need help monitoring federal health reform, policy or enforcement developments, or to review or respond to these or other health care or health IT related risk management, compliance, enforcement or management concerns, the author of this update, attorney Cynthia Marcotte Stamer, can help. Vice President of the North Texas Health Care Compliance Professionals Association, Past Chair of the ABA Health Law Section Managed Care & Insurance Section and the former Board Compliance Chair of the National Kidney Foundation of North Texas, Ms. Stamer has more than 24 years experience advising health industry clients about these and other matters. Ms. Stamer has extensive experience advising and assisting health care providers, health plans, their business associates and other health industry clients to establish and administer medical privacy and other compliance and risk management policies, to health care industry investigation, enforcement and other compliance, public policy, regulatory, staffing, and other operations and risk management concerns. She regularly designs and presents HIPAA and other risk management, compliance and other training for health plans, employers, health care providers, professional associations and others.
Ms. Stamer also regularly works with OCR and other agencies, publishes and speaks extensively on medical and other privacy and data security, health and managed care industry regulatory, staffing and human resources, compensation and benefits, technology, public policy, reimbursement and other operations and risk management concerns. Her publications and insights appear in the Health Care Compliance Association, Atlantic Information Service, Bureau of National Affairs, World At Work, The Wall Street Journal, Business Insurance, the Dallas Morning News, Modern Health Care, Managed Healthcare, Health Leaders, and a many other national and local publications. For instance, Ms. Stamer for the second year will serve as the appointed scribe for the ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits Agency meeting with OCR. Her insights on HIPAA risk management and compliance frequently appear in medical privacy related publications of a broad range of health care, health plan and other industry publications Among others, she has conducted privacy training for the Association of State & Territorial Health Plans (ASTHO), the Los Angeles Health Department, the American Bar Association, the Health Care Compliance Association, a multitude of health industry, health plan, insurance and financial services, education, employer employee benefit and other clients, trade and professional associations and others.
You can get more information about her HIPAA and other experience here.
Other Recent Updates & Resources
If you found this information of interest, you also may be interested in the following recent updates on health care, health plan and employee benefits, human resources and other risk management and compliance matters. Recent examples on health care compliance and risk management matters include:
- Health Care Orgs Disability Exposure High As $475K Paid To Settle Justice Department Charges Medical Fitness Screenings of EMTs, Others Violated ADA
- HIPAA & Texas Require HIPAA Training! Register for 8/14 HIPAA Update Workshop Now
- HHS/DOJ Partner With Private Health Plans To Further Ramp Up Health Care Fraud Heat!
- AHRQ Issues New Guide for Use of Interactive Preventive Care Record
- Nextcare Inc. $10 Million False Claims Act Settlement Shows Qui Tam Role In False Claims Act Prosecutions
- Pharmas Face New Pressure To Put Patients Before Profits After GlaxoSmithKline Record $3 Billion Health Care Fraud, FDCA Conviction & Settlement
- Baton Rouge Area Women Heading To Prison For DME Health Care Fraud Participation
- Houston Man Gets 24 Month Prison Sentence For Anti-Kickback & Other Health Care Fraud Convictions
- Oklahoma’s Harmon Memorial Hospital, Physician Pay $1.5M Qui Tam Health Care Fraud Settlement
- OCR’s Shares HIPAA Audit Program Protocols As Announces $1.7M Resolution Agreement Against Alaska Medicaid
- OCR Nails Alaska Medicaid For $1,700,000 To Settle HIPAA Security Charges
- Supreme Court Now Expected To Release Ruling On Health Care Reform Law Thursday
- Health Care Reform Ruling Release Put Off Until Thursday
- OIG Invitation To Comment On Possible Changes To Provider Self-Disclosure Protocol Invaluable Opportunity To Provide Feedback
For additional resources and publications training materials by Ms. Stamer, see here.
If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, please be sure that we have your current contact information – including your preferred e-mail – by creating or updating your profile here. For important information concerning this communication click here. If you do not wish to receive these updates in the future, send an e-mail with the word “Remove” in the Subject to here.
©2012 Cynthia Marcotte Stamer, P.C. nonexclusive license to republish granted to Solutions Law Press, Inc. All other rights reserved.